Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches are purpose-built for resiliency at scale with the industry’s most comprehensive security and allow your business to grow at the lowest total operational cost. Built upon the foundation of the Catalyst 9000, the Catalyst 9600 Series offers scale and security when always-on is a must.
As a foundational building block for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, the Catalyst 9600 Series switch help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation, and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey Please visit ciscoswitchdna.com.
Catalyst 9600 Series Switches provide security features that protect the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine with the open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP and Silicon1 ASIC technologies, Catalyst 9600 Series switches give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
As the industry’s first purpose-built 40,100, 200, and 400 Gigabit Ethernet line of modular switches targeted for the enterprise campus, Catalyst 9600 Series switches deliver unmatched table scale (MAC, route, and Access Control List [ACL]) and buffering for enterprise applications. The Cisco Catalyst 9606R chassis is hardware ready to support a wired switching capacity of up to 25.6 Tbps, with up to 6.4 Tbps of bandwidth per slot.
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches support granular port densities that fit diverse campus needs, including nonblocking 40, 100, 200, and 400 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) Quad Small Form Factor Double Density (QSFP-DD), 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP+, QSFP28); 1, 10, 25, and 50 GE Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP, SFP+, SFP28, SFP56); 10G Multigigabit Ethernet (GE) (10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M/10M) RJ45 copper ports.
The switches also support advanced routing and infrastructure services (such as Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS] Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, Multicast VPN [MVPN], and Network Address Translation [NAT]); Cisco Software-Defined Access capabilities (such as a host tracking database, cross-domain connectivity, and VPN Routing and Forwarding [VRF]-aware Locator/ID Separation Protocol [LISP]); and network system virtualization with Cisco StackWise virtual technology that are critical for their placement in the campus core.
The Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series also supports foundational high-availability capabilities such as patching, Cisco Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO), redundant platinum-rated (2KW) or titanium-rated (3KW) power supplies, and fans, while supporting a wide array of optics.
The foundation of Software-Defined Access
The enterprise network lies at the heart of digital transformation. A network that is open, programmable, integrated, and secure maximize business agility, allowing new business opportunities to be pursued and captured. The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the network fabric that powers business.
Cisco SD-Access is an open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities.
The Cisco c9600-lc-48yl is a line card for the Catalyst 9600 series switches. It provides 48 ports of 25G or 10G Ethernet connectivity and is designed for high-performance and high-density data center deployments
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Chassis
● Hardware ready to support up to 25.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with up to 6.4 Tbps bandwidth per slot.
● 25.6 Tbps wired switching capacity unleashed with Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 2. Up to 9.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with 3 Bpps of forwarding performance with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
● Capacity of up to 32 ports of 400G Gigabit Ethernet QSFP-DD ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 2. Upto 8 non-blocking 400 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP-DD ports supported with current generation Line Cards.
● Up to 48 nonblocking 100 Gigabit Ethernet QSPF28 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1, and up to 128 nonblocking 100 Gigabit Ethernet QSPF28 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 2.
● Up to 128 nonblocking 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSPF28 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 2 and up to 96 nonblocking 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
● Up to 256 nonblocking 50G/25G/10G Gigabit Ethernet QSPF56 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 2 and up to 192 nonblocking 25 Gigabit Ethernet /10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP28/SFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
● Up to 192 non-blocking 10G multigigabit (10 Gigabit Ethernet / 5 Gigabit Ethernet / 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet / 100 Megabit / 10 Megabit) RJ45 copper ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1. Supervisor Engine 2 only supports speeds at and above 10 Gbps.
● Platinum-rated (2KW) or titanium-rated (3KW) AC power supplies.
● Platinum-rated (2KW) DC power supplies.
Cisco IOS XE
Cisco IOS XE Software opens a completely new paradigm in network configuration, operation, and monitoring through network automation. Cisco’s automation solution is open, standards-based, and extensible across the entire lifecycle of a network device. The various automation mechanisms are outlined below.
● Automated Device Provisioning is the ability to automate the process of upgrading software images and installing configuration files on Cisco Catalyst switches when they are being deployed in the network for the first time. Cisco provides turnkey solutions such as Plug and Play and Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) that enable an effortless and automated deployment.
● API-driven configuration is available with modern network switches such as Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches. It supports a wide range of automation features and provides robust open APIs over NETCONF and RESTCONF using YANG data models for external tools, both off-the-shelf and custom-built, to automatically provision network resources.
● Granular visibility enables model-driven telemetry to stream data from a switch to a destination. The data to be streamed is identified through a subscription to a data set in a YANG model. The subscribed data set is streamed to the destination at specified intervals. Additionally, Cisco IOS XE enables the push model. It provides near-real-time monitoring of the network, leading to quick detection and rectification of failures.
● Seamless software upgrades and patching supports OS resilience. On Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches Cisco IOS XE supports hot patching without reboot, which provides fixes for critical bugs and security vulnerabilities between regular maintenance releases. This support lets you add patches without having to wait for the next maintenance release.
● Trustworthy solutions built with Cisco Trust Anchor Technologies provide a highly secure foundation for Cisco products. With Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches, these technologies enable hardware and software authenticity assurance for supply chain trust and strong mitigation against man-in-the-middle attacks that compromise software and firmware. Trust Anchor capabilities include image signing, Secure Boot, and Cisco Trust Anchor module.
Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches come with an Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) that includes Next-Business-Day (NBD) delivery of replacement hardware where available and 90 days of 8×5 Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support. Your formal warranty statement, including the warranty applicable to Cisco software, appears in the information packet that accompanies your Cisco product. We encourage you to carefully review the warranty statement shipped with your specific product before use. Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.