Dermatologists Recommend for Tightening Skin! The right dermatologist can help you reduce sagging skin, allowing you to enjoy a youthful-looking face for longer. Professionals recommend solutions ranging from surgery to skin tightening serum application, depending on an individual’s needs and the extent of their skin sagging. Here are some solutions a dermatologist may recommend:
Skin Tightening Serum
Serum is one of the simplest and non-invasive ways to boost skin firmness and elasticity. Skin tightening serums contain ingredients that help to stimulate collagen and elastin production—these are proteins found in the skin that work together to improve skin texture and promote firmness.
Here are some ingredients you may find in a dermatologist-approved serum:
- Hyaluronic acid: This natural compound helps the skin remain hydrated. It can plump up your skin, reducing sagging.
- Retinol: This is a form of vitamin A that can increase collagen production, resulting in tighter-looking skin.
- Peptides: These are short chains of amino acids that send signals to skin cells, stimulating them to produce more collagen. They can improve skin firmness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Caffeine: This ingredient can constrict blood vessels, tightening and firming the skin.
- Antioxidants: Vitamins C and E can boost collagen production and brighten your skin, giving you a youthful appearance.
You can use your serum in the morning and at night or only once daily, depending on the type of serum you purchase and your desired results. Follow your dermatologist’s instructions when using your skin tightening serum for the best results.
These cosmetic procedures involve injecting substances into the skin to boost its appearance. They’re minimally invasive and can be performed in your dermatologist’s office with little to no downtime.
Here are some common injectable treatments:
- Fillers: Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to fill areas with lost volume and restore skin firmness. Examples of dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid and poly-L-lactic acid.
- Botox: This injectable temporarily paralyzes muscles that cause skin sagging and wrinkles. It can smooth out fine lines, giving you tighter-looking skin.
A dermatologist can recommend either option depending on your budget and goals—Botox may be cheaper than dermal fillers, and fillers can last longer than Botox.
Laser treatments can improve skin elasticity by boosting collagen production. They do so by delivering energy to the skin. Your dermatologist can recommend the following laser treatments:
- Fractional laser resurfacing: This involves delivering microbeams of laser light into the skin to stimulate the body’s natural healing process and boost collagen production.
- CO2 laser resurfacing: This involves using laser light to penetrate the skin’s surface, remove the outer skin layer, and stimulate the growth of new healthy skin cells. It’s more aggressive than fractional laser resurfacing and, as such, requires more downtime.
Your dermatologist will likely give you instructions on what to do before and after your laser treatment to improve results. They may ask you to moisturize your skin and avoid direct UV exposure before and after the treatment.
Ultherapy and High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) are common ultrasound treatments for skin tightening. Ultherapy is a non-invasive treatment that involves heating deep skin layers with ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production and improve skin firmness—it can be used on the neck, face, and chest. HIFU is a more aggressive ultrasound treatment that may be recommended to address more extensive skin sagging. It also heats up the skin to boost collagen production.
Microneedling involves using fine needles to create controlled small punctures in the skin. This can stimulate the body’s natural healing process to produce collagen and elastin. Listen to your dermatologist’s before and after care instructions to improve the procedure’s success.
Surgery can be an ideal option in severe skin-sagging cases. A dermatologist may recommend a neck lift, facelift, or eyelid surgery to tighten loose skin in these areas if they suspect other options may not be enough to give you your desired results. You need to delegate tasks if you decide to undergo skin tightening surgery, as you may need some time off to recover fully. This is why most ratchet Asian girl avoids such surgeries.
Invest in Your Skin
Your skin is susceptible to sagging as you age because of reduced collagen and elastin production. Dermatologists recommend numerous solutions like topical serums, laser treatment, and surgery to combat skin sagging. Applying skin tightening serum is a great place to start since this solution isn’t invasive. When used as directed by your dermatologist or skincare expert, skin tightening serums can reduce sagging, fine lines, and wrinkles, giving you youthful-looking skin.